The Top 3 Ways To Prevent Professional Liability Lawsuits
Professionals often walk a fine line as they seek to deliver the most innovative, creative and high-caliber services possible to clients while avoiding situations that can lead to professional litigation lawsuits. Protecting one’s practice from liability is one of the most challenging aspects for many:
- Design professionals such as landscape architects
- Construction project supervisors
- Plumbers, electricians and other tradesmen
Orland Law Group in Manhattan Beach enables professionals throughout the Los Angeles area to be proactive in liability avoidance and risk management. Here we present our top three ways for professional clients to prevent or quickly resolve professional liability lawsuits:
1. Respond to customer complaints in a timely, proactive manner. If you do not ignore clients’ dissatisfaction, you are light years ahead of professionals who do. Early intervention is the most cost-effective way to resolve nearly any dispute. Stand behind your products and services. If your professional practice has a service department, empower the personnel there to make bold decisions to resolve problems for customers or clients. Taking some small losses now and then is a small price to pay for avoiding a construction defect lawsuit.
2. Bring a lawyer into the picture early on. Some professionals make the mistake of waiting until a problem has grown large before contacting an attorney. This may seem like a cost-saving approach but in fact, putting off the inevitable will often make matters worse. An attorney can help you broker a definitive agreement with a dissatisfied client to accept your repair or settlement offer. Be sure to choose a lawyer with ample trial experience. Even at early stages, proficiency in skills such as cross-examination of witnesses can enhance the likelihood of a favorable outcome of your professional liability case.
3. Push for an early settlement or other resolution. The sooner you can solve your legal problem, the better, in most cases. Litigation is unpredictable. Plaintiffs and defendants alike realize that “anything is possible” as long as a case is still open. For this reason, you should seek to resolve a case promptly and decisively for best results. No one wants to keep a damage claim or lawsuit open for long, precisely because of this unpredictability. If Orland Law Group represents you, our early evaluation strategy can get your case underway in due season.
Discover These And Other Ways To Prevent A Damage Claim Against Your Southern California Professional Practice
Call 310-492-5705 or send an email inquiry through this website to schedule a consultation with a Southern California lawyer about your professional liability concerns.