Kirk Olson is a litigator with over 20 years experience. His practice focuses on complex civil litigation, premises liability, general liability, Federal civil rights claims, construction related litigation, and administrative matters within CSLB, FINRA and other government agencies from start to finish.
A graduate of Western Michigan University-Thomas M. Cooley Law School (Juris Doctor), and California State University, Fullerton, California (Bachelor of Arts-Political Science), Kirk worked for the Sixty Plus Elderlaw Clinic representing seniors and veterans in estate planning, conservatorships, Social Security and Medicare claims. While also in school he served as the Student Bar Association Budget and Finance Chair, the student liaison for faculty hiring and as Scholastic Chairman for Lambda Chi Alpha. He also interned in the local field office for a California State Senator.
Prior to joining Orland Law Group Kirk worked exclusively for almost 19 years with a prominent respected defense litigation firm located in Los Angeles with his colleagues whom he regards as mentors. He started his legal career as a clerk with a busy small general practice firm in Orange County. He has also mediated disputes on diverse matters, including an election contest effort in a Southern California Congressional race, serving to liaison between the offices of the Registrar of Voters, the candidates and the Congressional oversight staff.
Kirk is licensed in the State of California and the United States District Court.
He resides in the South Bay and enjoys weightlifting, golf, and the great outdoors.
Areas Of Practice
- Complex Civil Litigation
- Premises Liability
- General Liability
- Federal Civil Rights Claims
- Construction Related Litigation
- Administrative matters within CSLB, FINRA and other government agencies
- California, 1999
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2000
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan
- J.D. - 1994
- Honors: Who's Who in American Law Students (1993)
- Honors: Dean's List, (1992 and 1994)
- California State University, Fullerton, California
- B.A. - 1990
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Member